Several months ago, we announced that Metropolitan would be undergoing a rebrand. That rebrand has finally arrived! Today we are launching the new logo, first on social media and the web, and we will proceed with updating all of our printed materials as well.
We are so excited to share our new look! It took 150+ drafts on paper, and 200+ digital drafts to get here!
The meaning behind the design:
- We have eliminated the words “Printing Service” from our name, to encapsulate the fact that we do so much more than just printing.
- The basis of the logo is the infinity symbol, indicated stability, continuity, and sustainability.
- The colors each represent something in branding color theory/psychology. Blue indicates loyalty, stability, tradition, and honesty. Green indicates creativity and growth. The smooth transition between these colors represents the fact that we are both simultaneously, stable and growing, traditional and creative.
- The infinity symbol is changed to integrate a circle and a square, vs. the usual oval shape. The circle represents the halftone dot and our print capabilities, the square represents the pixel, and our technology/marketing capabilities.
- The angle of the symbol subtly mimics an arrow, pointing upwards and forwards, indicating growth and progress.
The print industry is changing every day, and our rebrand reflects our commitment to continue to grow, learn, and improve, while providing the great service and quality solutions that have been our passion since 1967.
We are so excited to continue rolling out the new face of Metropolitan, and hope you’ll continue to follow our progress!