Here are a few simple tips to make your office more eco-friendly!
- Bring a reusable coffee mug or water bottle to work instead of using disposable cups.
- Turn off lights when you leave a room & in unoccupied spaces.
- Support the green economy by choosing other environmentally friendly companies.
- Consider walking, biking, carpooling, or using public transit.
- Unplug all unused equipment (even turned off appliances use electricity!)
- Reuse paper that has only been printed on one side.
- In the office, print double-sided whenever possible.
- Use 100% recycled content paper whenever possible.
- Recycle everything possible. There are very few things these days that cannot be recycled.
- Avoid harmful cleaning chemicals such as bleach, chlorine, and ammonia; use natural alternatives offered by many brands like Clorox and Method. These chemicals are harmful to your health as well as the earth.
- Sell, donate, or refurbish old furniture instead of throwing it away.
- If you bring lunch, use reusable containers instead of plastic/paper bags or tin foil.