Bring your online and print efforts together by integrating these two-dimensional barcodes into your marketing plan! The United States Postal Service has launched its “Mobile Barcode Promotion” that runs all the way through August 31, 2011. For only a limited time, business mailers will receive a 3% upfront discount on First Class Mail and Standard Mail letters/flats that incorporate a mobile barcode known as a Quick Response, or QR, Code. In just seconds, an otherwise passive user may register for an event, make a purchase off your website, or download a coupon!
- Mobile barcodes must be two-dimensional and readable by a mobile smartphone. One-dimensional barcodes do NOT qualify.
- Mailing documentation must be submitted electronically, and mail must be sent with postage paid through a permit imprint. Current methods include: Mail.XML, Mail.dat, and Postal Wizard.
- Participating mailers are required to affirmatively claim this promotion in electronic postage statement submissions, certifying each mailpiece contains a mobile barcode either within the contents or on the outside of the mailpiece.
- All mailpieces in a postage mailing statement must contain a mobile barcode.
- With the exception of the Intelligent Mail® barcode (IMb) full-service discount, only one incentive per mailing will apply.
- The objective of the two-dimensional mobile barcode on eligible mailpieces must be to initiate interaction with consumers via mobile smartphones to market, promote, or educate. Two-dimensional barcodes used for other purposes – such as internal corporate operational processes, or postage evidencing – are not eligible for the discount.
- Mail must be tendered for acceptance during the promotion period, July 1, 2011, through August 31, 2011.
And the best news of all – Metropolitan Printing Service can create and print your QR Codes on any of your products! Click here to get your quote started! For more ideas, please feel free to visit here for a short list of ideas we have for you.
Need a Reader? Try these free apps to download to read QR Codes:
iPhone: BeeTagg, NeoReader, Barcode, ScanLife
Android: BeeTagg, Barcode Scanner, Shop Savvy, ScanLife, QuickMark
Blackberry: BeeTagg, ScanLife, QR Code Scanner Pro
Windows Phone 7: BeeTagg, QR Reader, NeoReader
Want to learn how to track your QR happenings? Contact Christine at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 812.332.7279 to find out how!